Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rating : B.C. Rich Plat. Warlock Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RyKnoz, Jan 21, 2002.

1. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    :confused: I was thinking of purchasing a new B.C. Rich Platinum Warlock bass that was on sle @ my local music center. It lookz great and people have told me it's good for the price but I was just wondering what some of you other guyz/galz thought about it.

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I'd rather have an MIM Fender.

3. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Same here.

4. p0w3rman5ooo

p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    Well do you like it? How much is it? Compare it with other basses in the price range.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

BC Rich basses may look tough, but they sound like crap IMHO. Get something better. How much is it? We can recommend at least 20 basses that would sound better for the same price or less.

6. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    The price of thebass right now is on sale for $300.
    Really cheap.

7. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I got mine from MF $200. I sent it back the second day I had it. The balance is awful, tone weak, construction poor. But hey if you like it go for it. :D
    :Edit: Emb, did you get my PM?

8. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Check out the MIM Fenders, they're about $50 more, but well worth the extra $50.

A Peavey Foundation can be found for the same price, and are decent tone-wise, while being built like a tank.

The Peavey T-40's are great basses, if you can stand the weight, and can find one.

There's too many basses to be listed. I'll let someone else take a turn at listing. :)

P.S. Ibanez Sound Gears have certain models in that range, I believe, also.

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

$300? You can get a killer bass for not much more than that.

At and below the $300 mark you have the Squier Affinity Series P bass($179) a killer sounding P bass, the OLP Stingray($249), the Ibanez GSR200($199), the Dean Jeff Berlin Bassic($199), Ibanez SR300DX($279), Cort C4($249), Yamaha BBG4S($249), Dean Razor 1($319) are just off the top of my head, and I would recommend any of these over any import model BC Rich.

10. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    I would stay clear away from B.C Rich, unless its the usa made ones. But, you gotta admit the guitars look cool :D

11. o1x3w3a2h

o1x3w3a2h

Dec 14, 2001
    Cheektowaga, NY
    there sure are a lot of non-believers out there. go for it if it sounds good for ya. i changed the pickups on mine to emg's and it kills.