Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RATM's gear

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bassmonster, Apr 27, 2001.

1. Bassmonster

Bassmonster

Mar 24, 2000
    Rage against the machine is one of my favorite bands. I was wondering what gear their bassist Tim C uses. If anyone could tell me that would be really great.

2. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    the only thing i can tell you 'bout yTimk's stuff is that i've seen him using a Fender Jazz on occassion, but undoubtedly he uses other basses too. how kewl is his tone?? :)

3. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Well on their first album he used an music man stingray, and an 2x Ampeg SVT II pro w/ 2x 8x10 cabs. (although in one video You see some SWR stuff as well). After that he switched to Fender Jazz basses, And as of the last concert I saw was using Ampeg SVT II pro's and Ampeg PR-8x10's (the pro series ones, not the classic). I'm not sure what he uses for that wonderful distortion sound of his.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Im almost positive that its a Sans Amp. I've used one and you can dial up his distortion/sound very easily with it.

5. i've seen tim using two different jazz basses live. one customized natural finished one without a pickguard and one yellow with a dark pickguard, i'm not sure which model it is though. the amps i've seen him use are either vintage ampeg heads, or reissues of the old classics. one website said he used '100 watt Ampeg Heads' and 8x10 cabinets

6. I think he may use a BassBalls pedal somewhere in there. At least on the last album, I can cop a lot of those distortion sounds with mine.