1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rattle is back....

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Chili, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    hey, i took my bass down to my little local guitar shop to get repaired, basicly a complete re-setup, so everything on the bass is sorted now, exept when i slap the E string, or even pluck it, the kneck rattles, i'm a little worried incase i damage the kneck beyond repair if i keep doing the old chopper bass.
    I dont really want to take the bass back to the shop and pay for them to look at it again, if they couldnt fix it 100% the first time, i'm not trusting them a 2nd time, and its just more money.
    Has anyone else exerianced a slightly rattling kneck? is it a serious problem? Its only when i slap the E string mainly, and a slight rattle when i pluck the E string, it doesnt rattle when i slap or pluck anyone of the other strings, i'm pretty sure its only the open E aswell, no fretted notes make any rattle, but ill get back to you on that.
    Its a MM stingray if it makes any differance.

2. If this is happening after they supposedly gave it a total setup and checkup, then they should look at it again free of charge in my opinion...

I myself do not know what would cause that, but perhaps the shop is responsible!

3. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    The kneck was rattling before i took it to the shop, that was one of the main reasons i took it. Its been a a few weeks since i got the bass back, so mabe its too late for them to have a look for free.