1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

rattle mystery

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by stringteach, Oct 5, 2013.

1. stringteach

stringteach

Oct 5, 2013
    I have a new extreme rattle on all open strings and fingered notes. I have looked for anything loose or open seams and can't find the culprit. There was something rattling around inside the bass and I shook it out- it was a small cork disk. Could it have been seated around the end pin on the inside? It was brittle and broken. If this now missing piece is the problem- how do I get a new piece of cork back in there?

2. Maybe. Pull the endpin out of the collar if you can and see what happens. If the cork was preventing the endpin from rattling before it failed, which it probably was, it could be that easy.

3. Fat bob

Fat bob Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Denver
    Hi Stingteach,
    Did you manage to fix the buzz on your instrument? I am also experiencing a buzz...;)... I am looking for things to trouble shoot.
    Thank you