1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rattling Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Deminicus, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Hi, I just got my first bass in the mail a few days ago (A rogue LX200BL Left-Handed Bass. I just switched from playing guitar, not because i couldn't play it, but i like bass instruments much more, that, and i'm a one person band (I can't find anyone willing to make a band) and i intend to become proficient in multiple musical instruments). I like it, but it has been having a strange rattling problem whenever I play it (the sound doesn't seem to go through into the amp when I play, but it is really annoying, so I can't get over it whenever I'm playing). The rattling happens on all of the strings when i play it, but it isn't as bad on the higher strings, however. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    Rattling could be coming from enywhere. Try holding each tuning key as you play and see if that helps. Shake the neck and see if you can hear anything.

3. It sounds as if it is coming from the neck.

4. Yes, it is the strings that are rattling on the frets.

5. Change the strings. Cheap/old/poorly installed strings/not enough threading will cause buzzing. Replace the strings then go from there.

6. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Can you play softly enough that it no longer rattles?

7. thanks, :) , these links helped alot, and now i've reduced the buzz almost completely.