1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Raven Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by planetdrumz, Feb 10, 2016.

1. planetdrumz

planetdrumz

Jan 4, 2016
    Boston
    Hi All, I'm always scouring my local CL for deals. I saw this Lefty Bass on there today (BTW, I am a lefty). does this seem worth it or not...don't really NEED another bass, but for the price, and being the "gear slut" I am, if its decent I wouldn't mind grabbing it. thanks in advance for your opinions :)

left handed 5 string Raven

2. Ballin'bass

Ballin'bass

Jun 16, 2014
    Madison, WI
    Well it certainly looks cool. No clue about the brand though. Check it out in person. If you try it and like it and it sounds good 150 is hard to beat.

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

That's so Raven.

bassrich likes this.
  4. At 150 you can't get hurt way bad.
    Go for it.

5. planetdrumz

planetdrumz

Jan 4, 2016
    Boston
    Thanks guys. He said he'd take $125.00. Gonna check it out this weekend, see how it looks.

6. mel0dic.bassist

mel0dic.bassist

Jul 9, 2014
    Canada
    Offer him $100 cash out-the-door due to the tuning machines needing to be fixed.

It looks like something Schecter or LTD/ESP would make. Mahogany body is always a win in my books. Loooove mahogany.

Even at $125/150, even if it is a total flop, you could fix it with minimal investment and/or flip it.

It'd be worth it IMO.

7. Could be related to the Raven West basses. I think TB'er gebass6 knows something about these,might be worth having a word with him.

8. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    There was an old Raven bass back in the 70s, I think. Made by Matsumoku and close to Univox.