Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Raven basses ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joseph Sheldon, Nov 19, 2002.

1. I recently bought a new 5 string I didn't want to dump alot of money into a 5 only to find out it's not for me. Anyway I found on ebay a new korean made 5. You can find them on www.ravenguitar.com or on ravenwestguitar , something like that I think it's probably a Samick or an Ibanez with a different name on it. Anybody know anything about them or own one? What do you think of it. Mine plays great, poor hardware and poor pickups but it's great for the money.

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Yeah, I'd like to know, too. I've been looking all over for a decent lefty five string, and I'm seriously considering picking one of these up. Does anybody happen to know if they're any good?

3. Since I posted this thread I've been playing the Raven 5 string at home all the time it's great. The more I play it the more I like it. If I could do it over again I would spring for the active pickups next time. It is defantly worth every penny I spent on it. Even if I get another more expensive one down the road I won't be sorry that I'll still have this one to bang around. The neck is probably one of the truest straitest necks I could get for a five. I don't think you will be sorry with it. See if you can find one on Ebay there is always three or four on there for lefties. Could save you some chavo! Funny though I still play my four at practice and out at gigs. I guess I't will take alittle more time for me to have tottal confidence with it out and about.

LEFTIES RULE, OR SOMETHING A HUUUUG !

4. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Damn straight! By the way, what's your model called? Is it active or passive? Bolt-on or neck-through? There's a website that sells quite a number of lefty Raven basses, and they even ship internationally! If I get one, I'm definitely getting one with active electronics.

5. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
  6. DaBassman

DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    after years of looking, I suggest (better prices)at:

rondomusic.com
    musicyo.com
    mtdbass.com