Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Raven Labs AC adaptor

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Kevinlee, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    The adaptor for my raven labs pmb-1 is shot. Can I use any 18 volt adaptor (with the correct input jack) or is there something specificly special about the raven labs adaptor?

Kevinlee

2. I think the Raven Labs AC Adaptor is tip/ring/sleeve with -9V/+9V/Ground. i.e. it's 2 separate 9V supplies, not a straightforward 18V.

- Wil

3. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    Yea I think your right. I just spliced open the cord and it looks like a small stereo cable might, with two seperate hots and and grounds. I may try fixing it but it is sheared off almost right at the box. I suppose I should just spend the $20 or so for a new one and not have to worry about my mickey mouse reapir job holding up.

Thanks
    Kevin

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Call Steve at Raven Labs. Mine went bad (my fault) and he sent me another one free no questions asked. They fry when you pull the TRS end out of the unit while its still plugged in because that type of plug will short before the connection is broken. Its just like when you unplug your bass when its still plugged into the amp and you get a zap in your speakers.

5. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    I already bought one from Bob G. I don't know if they would replace my old one, the wires actualy split right by the box. Probably do to me standing on it or something careless.

Kevinlee

6. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    He replaced mine and told me to throw the old one out. Oh well!

7. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    Huh...Maybe I will give him a call, it wouldn't hurt to have an extra one on stand by.

Thanks
    Kevinlee