1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Raven Labs Master Blender For Sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Mike Carr, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Mike Carr

Mike Carr

Feb 5, 2002
    Hong Kong
    One year old Raven Labs Master Blender now for sale. Mint condition. MSR price around $400.
    Best price on the internet is around $300. That is if you can deal with waiting list! I don't need it anymore, I'm buying a Clarus.
    Take mine for just $250 and get the Raven Labs AC adapter and handy carrying case for free!
    <mikecarrbass@hotmail.com> <mikecarrbassbass@cs.com>

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Can you (either here or in a PM) describe exactly what this sucker does? I've heard good things about it. Would it - for instance - be a good option for a doubling gig in which you had both a DB and BG plugged into the same amp?

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
  4. Sure - go ahead...

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    How does this unit work as a blender for the Trinity mic/pickup combination? Does it power the mic (I'm not really sure if the mic is actually a condenser or not)?

Also, what is the actual size of the unit? I have my K&K pre mounted on my gig stool, and am wondering if I could do the same with this unit (using a little bit of creative woodworking, of course).

Thanks.

6. 1. Great
    2. Yes - I think the mic is an electret
    3. (Guessing as I don't have mine in front of me...) er - about 7"x4"x2"...

You could use "Duo-Lock" (which is like industrial-strength Velcro from Scotch) to fix the box under the stool...

- Wil

7. I have one I used with that KK pickup combo and it worked way better that the little preamp that came with the KK unit. The tip goes to the top channel, (witCh is 10 meg ohm impedence) and the ring goes to the bottom channel. The unit provides phantom power and you can also switch the phase to line those suckers up. Use a good TRS cable.

8. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    I also have one and I think it' is by far the bast unit out there, I've tried the fishman, the one by KK but the PMB-1 is versatile noiseless very good unit all around.