Raven Labs PHA-1 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Obsdian, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Anybody out there have one? I'm lookging into buying one and am looking for some comments.
  2. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Very quiet, exelent quality. I've used as my system preamp while the other was in the shop. Great for practice and learning tunes via recordings. Get the power supply.
  3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Clean, uncolored sound; zero noise. I use this for 90% of practice at home, since it exposes playing flaws better than any amp and doesn't piss off the neighbors.

The big surprise is its excellent dynamic range, thanks to some huge capacitors. Unfortunately, those capacitors eat up batteries pretty quickly. Two 9 volts only last about a month if you practice 1-2 hours of practice a day.
  4. ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    I love mine. It is my main practice rig. I have a CD player in the aux input and a small Sabine tuner in the aux out. I can play along with CDs, learn new tunes anytime of the day or night without bothering others in the house. Batteries last about a month but you can get a A/C adaptor and then its a non-issue.

5. Nice! Thanks for the replies guys, looks like I'll definitely be getting one now! Thanks again.