Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Raven labs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 5, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Would something like the raven labs true blue eq be a pretty good choice for a pre amp or the pha-1, or both I want a really well sounding versitile piece of kit would these kick ass out of $600-800 pre amps or am I better of with something else.

2. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Go to the DudePit and check out the the Raven-Labs USIP, taking orders at $699. No info on specs or ins/outs yet but I'd gamble this is going to be a very fine piece.

3. bassmanjones

bassmanjones

Feb 23, 2002
    Boston, MA
    Don't hold me to this, but I'm pretty sure the True Blue doesn't have a buffer (in or out) to be used as a preamp. However, the PHA-1 does and when paired with the True Blue you would have a modular preamp that would knock the socks off a lot of pre's in the market. One thing to remember, however, is that the Raven Labs gear is engineered to be as uncolored as he can possibly make them which means the sound of your bass will be coming through your cabinets. For some people this is what they want, for others they may not like the sound of their bass by itself.

Just something you may want to consider before you pick them up.