1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

RAVEN Neck thru 4 string - HIGHLY upgraded!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by KenToby, Apr 29, 2004.

1. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    You know the deal on the new breed of Korean basses - great wood and workmanship but LOUSY electronics.

Well, I started with my brand new (at the time) Raven RMB neck thru 4 string with a 5 piece neck, Ash body with Walnut top and back. I removed the original Jazz/MM style pickups and electronics and installed Bartolini pickups and a Barotlini 3 band Preamp. I replaced the plastic nut with a brass adjustable nut (the one with the slotted screw under each string for individual string height adjustment). I removed the Poly finish off the back of the neck so it plays MUCH faster!! This bass looks, feels, plays and sounds OUTSTANDING!! Features gold hardware and a satin finish. All factors considered, I now consider this bass to be in the PRO category.
    Asking $570 OBO with an OK hard case. Shipping is extra.

Pictures available to serious inquirers.

Thanks,

KT