Raven West vs. Brice basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassDmb18, Feb 5, 2003.

1. BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    Looking for a cheap 5-string to beat up on. A Brice or these pretty nice looking Raven basses from http://www.ravenwestguitar.com/ .. especially this one

Heh, but still people seem pretty set that Brice's are a sure bet. But any word on these Raven basses?

Any help will be appreciated.

2. BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    I actually wanna change the subject to just Raven West Basses, not really a comparison. Can a moderator help me out.

I would just like some info on these Raven Basses.
  3. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I was looking into raven for awhile as well, and here's waht I found out.
    Good solid bodies/ necks
    Decent to good hardware
    Buzzy pickups
    Good action and above average B-string for the price range.
    The onyl real complaint I have seen on them is that the electronics are noisy, but I don't know if its the pups or the pre-amp cause the noise. They make a very nice walnut/alder/walnut neckthrough for under $500 that would be worth getting just for the body and replacing the electronics with some EMG's and an aguilar OBP-1 or 3. RMB5300
  4. BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    That RMB5300 looks awsome. How does it sound? Would that be a better investment than the Brice?
  5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Those Raven bass guitars are a lot more expensive than the Brice ones IMO. They look very nice to me, the 5 piece construction on that neck-through screams "Cort". I don't think you would go wrong with one of those, I'd like to read a review. Personally I don't like the Ibanez Soundgear wannabe body style or the look of the bridge hardware, but that's just my opinion, don't mean squat. I do like the looik of the finish.

But I don't think Rondo has the 5 string fretted Brice on their site right now,they must be sold out. That makes the descision a lot easier IMO.