Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Raven West vs. Brice basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassDmb18, Feb 5, 2003.

1. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    Looking for a cheap 5-string to beat up on. A Brice or these pretty nice looking Raven basses from http://www.ravenwestguitar.com/ .. especially this one

[​IMG]

Heh, but still people seem pretty set that Brice's are a sure bet. But any word on these Raven basses?

Any help will be appreciated.

~AJ

2. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    I actually wanna change the subject to just Raven West Basses, not really a comparison. Can a moderator help me out.

I would just like some info on these Raven Basses.

3. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I was looking into raven for awhile as well, and here's waht I found out.
    Good solid bodies/ necks
    Decent to good hardware
    Buzzy pickups
    Good action and above average B-string for the price range.
    The onyl real complaint I have seen on them is that the electronics are noisy, but I don't know if its the pups or the pre-amp cause the noise. They make a very nice walnut/alder/walnut neckthrough for under $500 that would be worth getting just for the body and replacing the electronics with some EMG's and an aguilar OBP-1 or 3. RMB5300

4. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    That RMB5300 looks awsome. How does it sound? Would that be a better investment than the Brice?

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Those Raven bass guitars are a lot more expensive than the Brice ones IMO. They look very nice to me, the 5 piece construction on that neck-through screams "Cort". I don't think you would go wrong with one of those, I'd like to read a review. Personally I don't like the Ibanez Soundgear wannabe body style or the look of the bridge hardware, but that's just my opinion, don't mean squat. I do like the looik of the finish.

But I don't think Rondo has the 5 string fretted Brice on their site right now,they must be sold out. That makes the descision a lot easier IMO.