SOLD Raw J Bass Bodies Ash and Cypress Cypress Body Sold

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by fhm555, Oct 8, 2016.

1. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Price:
    $60.00
    ASH BODY IS SOLD!!
    CYPRESS BODY IS SOLD!!

Hey folks, I've taken on a long term project that is not going to leave me any tinkering time for quite a while so I'm getting rid of some of the stuff in my round-to-it queue.

First up is a serious project piece. I got this two piece ash body from an individual who was cutting them in a backyard shop. I asked for paint grade so the grain is nothing to really write home about and it's got a shallow little worm divot that will need filling. I ordered this body as a PJ pup config with a standard Fender neck heel. Pups will fit in the cutouts but they are a bit shallow (.53" on the P and .85" on the J) so you will need to be able to deepen the pockets or take it someplace to have that done. The neck pocket is also undersized just a bit at .62" deep, by 2.49" wide, so like the pup routes, the neck pocket will also need some attention. I bought a black/red/black PJ pickguard from Warmoth and it was used to lay out the route location and it fits perfectly. There is also a route in the rear for a StewMac single 9V battery and I have the battery box as well. Bathroom scale puts this thing at just under 8 pounds.
    Considering the amount of work that's gonna be required to get this thing off the ground, especially the additional routing and finishing, make me whole on the battery box and the guard, give me $20 for the body and pay shipping on the whole thing, and it's all yours.
    Asking $60 plus shipping for the body, guard, and battery box
    IMG_4183.JPG IMG_4184.JPG IMG_4185.JPG IMG_4188.JPG IMG_4194.JPG IMG_4198.JPG

CYPRESS BODY IS SOLD!!

Asking $100 shipped
    IMG_4200.JPG IMG_4204.JPG

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    dusterdan likes this.
  2. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    Nice. Love cypress bodies!

3. Iowa Jim

Iowa Jim

Oct 10, 2016
    Iowa
    PM sent on the Cypress body if it's still available.

4. fhm555

Feb 16, 2011
    PM replied.

5. fhm555

Feb 16, 2011
    Deal pending on the cypress body.

6. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast

Sep 21, 2009
    Southern ILLinois
    So the PJ is sold or...

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021