Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rawkin out, Woodchuck style!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jun 22, 2005.

1. So yeah, it's review time! Me and the boys (Chris A, Joe Turski [nice to meet ya both btw!], Funkster & Zoomboy) met up at Funkster's place for a little pre-show banter and got our drink on...shot the ****, and then headed down to the Palladium in Worcester, MA to catch Woodchuck and the rest of El Pus rocking the **** out of that stage.

A little namedrop to the security man had Woodchuck come down and joke around with us for a good 40 minutes solid, and then we took it indoors. Woodchuck, you are one really funny guy. Very good to finally hang out with you...you were real-deal, and I totally appreciated that. Oh, the sights we saw..eh? (wink)

Ok, so Woodchuck goes backstage to get ready(they were 3rd on the bill, and we were 1/2 way thru the second band...) and when that band wraps up, we get some good real estate stage right...so we could watch WC throw down. Did he ever. Did THEY ALL ever. Damn, that is one fun, energetic group. Tight, punky skankin funky flowing goodness. I love bands like this that incorporate good live musicians with smart / streetwise / humorous rapping / lyricism. They got the crowd moving and won them over early, and had great between song banter, good segues, fun call & response moments, really dragging the kids into it. Played all the prime cuts off the new disc, and a one-two closer of a GREAT, tongue in cheek rendition of "Billie Jean" (woodchuck worked the hell outta that bassline) straight into " Suburb Thuggin' " With some excellent solo-breaks...

Before I knew, it was over, and we luckily met everyone as they piled their gear into their trailer outside...a bunch of great guys.

What a fun night, and what a great birthday. Pictures to follow, once I'm near a decent connection.

Oh, and Woodchuck's white Sadowsky and GK rig sounds great and FAT.

Mon

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Cool, cool, cool! Thanks for the review Ron.

I'll be catching the Seattle show at the end of July.

-Mike

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Pfft.

Woodchuck ditched the local reggae fest. I only bought a ticket cause I wanted to see El Pus... but i get there, ask around, and find out they cancelled.

BAH.

;)

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    That must've been cool! :cool:

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Yeah... i kinda wanted to hear him/them but they wont be stopping anywhere near nor cal...

Glad to hear it was good:)

Cheers

6. Here's a couple of pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Great Pics, Ron!

I posted in the other thread, too, but WTH........

I had a blast, too. I even made it home in one piece.

This morning was a little rough, but I slept it off all after noon.

I think my hearing's coming back. :cool:

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:

8. Good on ya man, glad to hear yer ok. Great to meet you! Chin up bro!

Mon

9. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Dude man, I'm over here in Western Mass and where's the Love??!?!?!? If I had known I would have loved to have hooked up with you guys and checked it out. I was bummed when Stew and BOG played in Worchester and I was the only TBer there!!!

Keep me in mind if something similar comes up again!!!

10. I am still unsure if I can catch them in Toronto... just started a new job and I heard the long weekend might have some work. Anyone going to the Toronto show? I am gonna try hard to get there

11. yeah, but it was a fun hang, man! :cool:

from them lows,

Stew

12. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I just feel guilty that I was the only one to enjoy it!!!

{well, I'm sure you enjoyed it too, I'm really one hell of a guy!!!! :rollno: :rollno: }

13. Dude, I'm sorry man...I didn't know (and really don't know) where alot of you cats hail from(and I'm extremely forgetful and mildly metahded)...this whole thing went down on Woodchuck's thread in Miscellaneous...

To further my ignorance, IS there any way I can tell, in a big-search, just who all is from this area?

Suffice it to say I'm still getting to know alot of you (me being a 2 year noob) so yeah, sorry about that. :(

Help me out people, I'd love to meet all of you...

14. LOL

:D :p

15. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

LajoieT - where's the love = if you find me let me know.
    Hard to find you when you're hiding your location, bro ...
    The only Western MA guys I knew of are Willplay4food and
    Blisshead. I'll add ya to my list for future reference.

Mon, sorry I missed you and the boys, Happy Birthday btw!, I
    spoke to Funkster on the phone and he gave me a blow by
    blow. Sounded like a fun time. ( Funkster was in Daddy's
    buying another bass when I called. Can you believe it?)

Haven't seen Chris A for a few years. Glad you made it home
    safely, Chris. I figured I avoided a DUI at least by not showing
    up to hang with you(se), and I had a *real* long day at work
    yesterday, so a 'nap' would have been out of the question.

I heard Joe Dirstki came along. I assume that was to make
    your group look normal. Bet you guys were the only ones
    old enough to drink at the bar, eh?

Ok, got any more pics?

Take care my Masswhole brudders! Hope to catch you soon!

16. I'm glad you had a good time! I'm going to be in Worcester for a few days around the 4th of July. Wanna do it again for me? :p

17. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Yea, I know, I'm not *REALLY* expecting you guys to keep little 'ol me in mind and remember where I am, I'm just bummed cause I missed the Woodchuck thread or I would have known about it, so it's easier for me to blame you!!! :D I actually don't get into Misc. much, but I probably should check it out more once the Gov't gets around to adding 2-3 more hours in the day.

There's another guy on here JP1994 who's real close around me (Springfield Area) who I've traded some PMs with too, Maybe we could start up a thread for members in Central NE (Mass, CT, RI, and the lower VT & NH areas) to introduce each other and post cool happenings such as these. I think when BOG came through I looked up one of the NE GTG threads and PM'd those that I could ID as being in the area, unfortunatly everyone was busy since it was kinda last minute.

18. Ain't no thang bro, not like I was Emcee for the nite. :D But yes, a meet and greet IS in order, yes.

Ahhh....and I do remember that PM about BOG...at Tammany Hall...yeah, I was bummed I missed that.

But yes... once Funk or Joe or whomever wants to amp up a NE get together, we should definitely hook up [my backyard is too small ;) ]...and in the meantime, yeah, a "get to know yer fellow Massholes[and other NewEnglandites]" thread is in order.

Mon

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude man, put your location in your profile.

-Mike

20. Thanks Thor, it was a great day. Next time bro!!!

Mon