1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD RawSounds Jazz Bass Varitone Harness. (NEW)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by jazzyitalian, Oct 29, 2017.

1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Price:
    $149
    The RawSound Varitone is becoming rarer by the month because the maker is now residing in heaven. With a degree in electrical engineering, Andy Padilla entered the electronics biz in 2008 with his solder-less Varitone units. But he passed in February of 2012 barely 4 years into this endeavor.

We discovered Andy's work and actually installed these harnesses in several of our passive Buscanti Newport Basses. We had established a great rapport with Andy and were so saddened to learn of his sudden passing. At 37, he was much too young to leave this world.

Since we're getting out of building basses for an indeterminate period, I have decided to sell off a couple of our prewired harnesses and hang onto a couple in case a current customer needs one.

These are really nice well made units. Easy to install. Just screw down the lead wires into the harness and you're ready to roll.

The config is Volume, Volume, Varitone, on/on toggle switch , Standard Passive tone. So with the toggle being switched, the options are as follows:

Position 1. standard Jazz bass config turned on, or
    Position 2. six stage varitone turned on.

Here's a YouTube video that Andy created that gives you a tour of this device. You'll see that he has his bass wired up with Di'Marzio Ultra Jazz DP 149. We've incorporated Basslines STK's and a Tesla pickup called VR B1 pickups as well with great results.

My price includes insured shipping anywhere in the continental US and 3 screws for the plate.

Photos are pasted below and here's that 2008 video made by Andy:

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    larrygs, JazzBass1949 and HEADbass like this.
  2. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast

Sep 21, 2009
    Southern ILLinois
    Wow I wander what Happen to Him I used to buy these and put into my builds Bummer I just sold my Last one in a build ,,, I emailed him several Several , times around when he passed' as I did not know,I never got answered back, So "do you have the one' with the input jack on control plate 'and switch between Vol. and 2ed knob?

3. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    I don't have those....We liked the side mount for our basses...Well the exception to our standard ViBe bass model.

JazzBass1949 likes this.
  4. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Here's the obituaries for Andrew. That's how I discovered this. It was easy to confirm since he told me that he was born in Guam and had an electrical engineering degree.

http://www.legacy.com/Images/Cobrands/GuamPDN/Photos/230822_APadilla.jpg

Andrew Paet Padilla's Obituary on Pacific Daily News

I discovered that Andrew had a girlfriend. I wrote her once on facebook to send condolences and to ask how he passed. She didn't respond. So I left it at that.

JazzBass1949 likes this.
  5. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast

Sep 21, 2009
    Southern ILLinois
    Varitone my 2008' I got it back and installed on my 73,. 'This Model, you have for sale , These work, the one that works with Side Jack Is Better what you have better control,.Good Luck hope People See and find what you have, I paid more money for this one back then,

Attached Files:

1.jpg
      File size:
      102.4 KB
      Views:
      2.jpg
      File size:
      113.2 KB
      Views:
    jazzyitalian likes this.