Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ray 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Purs, May 7, 2002.

1. Purs

Purs

Feb 20, 2002
    Texas
    After my first practice with my new Ray 5 I've just got one word, UNBELIEVABLE!!! I can't get over the sound, the feel, the look, and on and on and on. My eyes have been opened to a new world. JOY JOY JOY!

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congratulations, man! It's always nice to find that your new bass has your tone in it.:cool:

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Ditto. The longer you have it the more you'll appreciate it.
    Doc

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes, they do rule, don't they? Congrats, man.

5. Purs

Purs

Feb 20, 2002
    Texas
    I just couldn't get over the how easy it played. The action was.... well, unbelievable. It really made my Metro sing.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    It always feels like a "treat" when I take one of mine to a gig. I love 'em.

7. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I've had mine for about 2 yrs now and I still love it. I've tried basses that cost twice as much and while they look pretty I just don't think they sound twice as good IMO. I'll keep my Ray5

8. Swingbass,

I could not agree with you more. You are TOTALLY right!

Werner

9. Yup! Stingray5s are bitchen'! I'm totally in love with mine. Congrats!

10. Mine is on the way! It should be here in less than a month... Right, Gard?:D

11. Carrillo

Carrillo

Mar 29, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Ive got a 4 Sting Ray, god damn, best purchase I ever made in my life... im only 17, so it was one big damn purchase, especially when I have to fund other addictions, err i mean hobbies.

12. I can't hardly wait to get mine out of the layaway. It's costing me an arm and a leg though even used. I'm getting a black 5 with a rosewood neck. Wheww..can't hardly wait!