1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ray Charles may soon rise from the grave

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Apr 9, 2010.

1. I'm playing a wedding this afternoon, and we'll be doing Georgia on my mind. I can just about say w/near-100% certainty that we will BUTCHER this fine tune mercilessy, to the point of near-unrecognizability(dental records may need to be studied for a positive ID).
    I just thought you all should know.

2. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Well at least he won't be able to see you doing it.

3. No you tube video, no butchering. :D

4. One of those "I didn't see what you did there" kinda things?

5. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Oh boy.

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Couldn't be worse than me and my band floundering through Cissy Strut followed by a drunken version of Twist and Shout.

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    NOTHING can be worse then the originals band I'm in playing "Moondance" at the singer's sisters outdoor mid-July wedding while watching several sweaty grandmothers dance to the abomination. That was about 8 years ago and it still haunts me.

BTW - Holy run-on sentence batman!!

8. My memory is a bit foggy but I remember Twisted Sister doing about 2 minutes of Truckin by the Greatful Dead. Someone yelled it out as a request, they looked at each other and started playing. It acually sounded pretty good, but I was VERY drunk :bassist:

9. Ever seen Ray Charles' wife?
    :ninja:
    [I won't say it]

There may actually be a youtube of me suffering through this one- *Rebuilding Rome* is the name of the band- the singer's drunk sister posted several(have mercy- since those gigs, I have had some stage presence surgically implanted :cool:).
    I will NOT look for it- if the video's non-appearance means it was all a horrible dream, all the better. :D

10. billhilly66

billhilly66

Aug 25, 2007
    Plano, TX
    I guess learning the tune or using a chrt is out of the question?

11. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    same story, only just three years ago. in public for all to see. originals band, outdoor, mid-july, gui****'s anniversary. oh the humanity. (i did a great walking bass, tho ;)).

rite on for twisted sister. would have loved to hear it.

btw, no pics, no zombie ray charles. good luck, and watch your back!

is the zombie of a blind man, blind? :bag:

12. :meh:
    I know the tune & have a chart- w/o being nasty, I'll just say that it's difficult to rein in a singer who has- let's call it *creative* timing...

13. They used to do a minute or so of Roundabout by Yes as well :)

I grew up in NY so I saw them about a BIZZILLION times live. They were awesome back in the day. Nothing like what they put on vinyl :(

14. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    i had no idea. they were completely off my radar as a kid.

15. Send him to Georgia for one Hot Summer - that ought to straighten him out. Or Glue some headsets to his head and loop the Ray Charles Original until he gets it.

16. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    :D:D:D

That one never gets old.

17. Yeah, I used to say *Stevie Wonder* but now I'm disrespecting the classics. :)
    That said, it is NOT my intention to destroy the man's tune today, but- regrettably- my expectation...

18. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    A blind man walks into a restaurant and sits down.

The waiter, who is also the owner, walks up to the blind man and hands him a menu.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but I am blind and can't read the menu. Just bring me a dirty fork from a previous customer, I'll smell it and order from there."

A little confused, the owner walks over to the dirty pile and picks up a greasy fork. He returns to the blind man's table and hands it to him.

The blind man puts the fork to his nose and takes in a deep breath.

"Ah, yes, that's what I'll have, meatloaf and mashed potatoes."

Unbelievable, the owner says to himself as he walks towards the kitchen.

The cook happens to be the owner's wife and he tells her what had just happened. The blind man eats his meal and leaves.

Several days later the blind man returns and the owner mistakenly brings him a menu again.

"Sir, remember me? I'm the blind man."

"I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you. I'll go get you a dirty fork."

The owner again retrieves a dirty fork and brings it to the blind man.

After another deep breath, the blind man says, "That smells great; I'll take the macaroni and cheese with broccoli."

Once again walking away in disbelief, the owner thinks the blind man is screwing around with him and tells his wife that the next time the blind man comes in he's going to test him.

The blind man eats and leaves.

He returns the following week, but this time the owner sees him coming and runs to the kitchen.

He tells his wife, "Mary, rub this fork on your panties before I take it to the blind man."

Mary complies and hands her husband the fork back.

As the blind man walks in and sits down, the owner is ready and waiting.

"Good afternoon sir, this time I remembered you and I already have the fork ready for you."

The blind man puts the fork to his nose, takes a deep whiff and says, "Hey, I didn't know that Mary worked here?"

19. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania

I had to... Nice hops!

Why couldn't Ray Charles read? <- much worse than the one earlier.

20. Do you remember when they used to throw the disco records out into the audience? I watched one fly back and catch Dee in the forehead. Never saw a guy in full makeup get so pi$$ed.:D