Ray Ramirez EUB - Anybody tried one?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by XavierG, Jan 22, 2003.

1. I can't seem to find anyone who's played one. Can anyone here give me the lowdown on these?

2. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    By now, has anyone played one...?
  3. tellier

Dec 29, 2002
    Edmonton, AB
    I have been looking into getting a Ray Ramirez Carribean Series Elite EUB - I prefer how they look to any of the other Electric Uprights that I have seen.

I play bluegrass bass and the feedback I have gotten from audiences is that they prefer the 'look' of a more traditional doghouse and are distracted by either an electric bass or EUB. For some folks if it doesn't look like a standup it doesn't sound like a standup. But the dilemma is how to travel with a 3/4 standup - the EUBs seems like a good compromise.

I haven't tried a Ramirez yet - have you? Do you know anyone that travels with one and what their experience is like?

Toby Tellier
  4. tellier

Dec 29, 2002
    Edmonton, AB
    Thanks for the feedback everyone - I have decided to get an Eminence EUB. They are much more common and I was able to try them out before buying which is very important to me. Maybe in a couple of years I will look into the Ramirez again.

Now for an amp...

5. jubaro

Jan 22, 2008
    I owned a Ramirez bass, I used it mostly for latin music, where the bass needs a fatter and percussive sound.