Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ray Riendeau

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    http://www.rayriendeau.com
    This guy is amazing. I bought groove therapy recently, disturbingly good. Anyone know of others like him? (If you hate this type of music, start a different thread or something I'm just looking for other bass players with this style and level of skill, not interested in paging trough fifty posts about why Cliff Williams is better or why you hate Fieldy, or Flea vs.Godzilla) Thanks

2. VicMan119

VicMan119

Oct 19, 2000
    Ray Riendeau is a cool cat. I'm hoping in some of his future work there will be more of a variety though, you know? He's very pop-oriented, which is very fun to listen to sometimes! But, I am looking forward to when he expands beyond that. Serious funk. Those little squeaks and high trick notes he throws in to his grooves are very cool. You can hear some of vic's influence in him except for clarity of what he's doing, when he goes for his open hammer plucks splurges that vic made famous he has trouble making all those notes stand out when he's going so fast.

Check out his tour w/ Queensryche, I'd like to see him holding the backbone of a band, must be something to behold.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    He's recording and touring with (Rob) Halford right now...

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    wow, that must be strange, I wonder if he uses all his tricks or sits back a lot for those metal icons of yore....would be interesting to hear.