1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

RayBan Sunglasses FS!! USA B&L Clubmaster - Caravan - Chad

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Jefenator, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefenator

Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Thinning out the vintage RayBan collection, eBay looks like a sorry mess so I thought I'd give my fellow TBers a shot at 'em first.

First up is the Clubmasters. I believe they're 50mm. These look cool all right but they do have some wear, particularly on the lenses. The flash makes it look worse than it is, but I don't want you to have any bad surprises. I can see through them OK - fine for outdoor or non-reading indoor gigs... even driving. (Truth be told I can't see worth a crap w/o a prescription anymore anyway.)

The hinges are nice and tight.

I'd hang on to them but they're just not quite my style.

I'm asking what I paid, which is $50 shipped ConUS. EDIT: TRADED

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jefenator

Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Up next is a rare specimen: the "Chad" style. Haven't found this anywhere else. Probably women's but they look cool on a dude too in a '60s kind of way. They're built like a tank - the new stuff just isn't like this at all. I'd call the lenses very good, with just a couple of tiny scratches and blemishes.

They fit my big melon just right (I wear a 7 1/2 hat).

Asking $60 shipped ConUS. EDIT: now $50!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jefenator

Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    And finally I got the Caravan Aviators. I think they're 58mm - they're big.

These are in excellent shape. The only wear & tear that I can discern is some scuffs on the plastic parts at the ends of the arms. The lenses are pretty much flawless.

This is probably the most "cherry" pair of shades I own. But again: they're just not my style.

Asking $70 shipped ConUS. EDIT: SOLD!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Wish I had the scratch to buy the chads and avators. Both my style and I can't find my good sunglasses. If these are still around in a few weeks they might end up being mine.

lowsound

5. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    wanna trade a NIB boss bass chorus for the aviators?

6. Jefenator

Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    That's a cool trade offer, except I did just recently sell my little-used chorus pedal and am not especially missing it. :meh:

I might have been hi-balling it a bit on the prices so I'm going to knock 'em all down a notch. The new price including shipping to the lower 48 is:

$40 for the Clubmasters

$50 for the Chad

Caravan Aviators SOLD

Trade offers will be considered.

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I really want those Aviators. What kinda trades you looking at?

8. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Do you have a case? would you do 60$ shipped to Canada?
    My old aviators are scuffed and the lens falls out all the time.
    Or, I have a Bartolini PUP with wiring and stuff to trade.
    I will Paypal 60$ if you can ship to Canada..

9. Jefenator

Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    I do not have an official RayBan case for any of these, though the Aviators have been living in a nice faux alligator pouch w/ belt clip which I'll be more than happy to throw in with those.

I'll ship to Canada.

I am primarily interested in raising funds for that Year 2008 Form 1040 I've always wanted. :spit:

But any potentially cool trade offer is certainly welcome. I might be hunting for the stomp box version of the Turbo Tuner, a Lindy Fralin split coil J pickup (for the bridge position), the Aero replacement pickup for the Musicmaster or... surprise me. :cool:

10. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    PM sent

11. Jefenator

Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    ... and the Clubmasters are off and away on trade. Only the "Chad" shades remain.

12. Man, I really want the Chad's, but I just can't pull that one off at this time. Good luck on the sell.

lowsound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.