1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rb1001 or PowerAmp (Sansamp sound)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fletz, Oct 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Hey all - I am currently playing a sans amp rbi into my gk rb1001. I keep all the knobs flat on the rb1001 and rely on the sans amp rbi for my "tone." Am I wasting the gk? (Not in a derogatory way)? I love my sans amp sound, so could I get away with a power amp and dump the GK?

2. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    No comment? :)

3. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Yes you could.....but why bother?

4. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Well, now you are just being logical. :)

I was actually thinking of selling the RB1001 and getting a power amp instead, make a couple bucks. However, I imagine by the time I get a used price on my 1001, I wouldn't get much more of a power amp and have any $$$ left over. So, to your point: why bother?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021