1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

RBass Priced to Move!!! Nicest and Cheapest Highend Bass on TB!! Worth a Look.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassandgolf, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf

Jul 25, 2011
    I just got this bass recently. I am selling it as I just picked up an MTD 535 and need to refill the bank account after shelling out the funds to pay for it. Thus, the great price for you!

PM me with offers or questions. Hurry. This is up for sale several other places.

Here's the specs on this bass as I have been told by the previous owner:

Body: Top - burled maple/
    Core - 2ply Light & Dark Mahogany
    Back – Chesnut

Neck: Embuya / Burled Ebony / Honduran Mahogany

Fretboard: Macassar Ebony

Pickups: Nordstrand custom mm & p style

Preamp: Aguilar OBP 3

Other accessories: Pickup Covers, Wood Knobs, Headstock matching wood with fretboard
    3 switches (on-off/mid freq/mm pickups coil tap)

Comes with a nice INCASE.

Bass cuts through mix nicely and can be punchy (when needed) and full sounding at the same time.

I just sent this to local Luthier who owns a repair shop to have the frets dressed (bass came from Colorado so it went from dry t humid in a day or so). He attended to the frets (ends and leveling), cleaned the pick-up poles, set up the neck/action, and changed the strings as well as checking the wiring, shielding, and battery. All work done and clean bill of health. I’m pretty a harsh critic of condition as nothing is a 10 unless I take it of the bench brand new. I’d give this a 8.75/10 as there is some players wear but nothing visible beyond a close up inspection under good light.

A couple of unique things with the pots (the volume has a detent in it, and the bass control does not) I've had no issues with it at all in the time that I've had it and the luthier I sent it to said if it didn’t bug me don’t switch it.

I'm asking $1950 for the bass which is FAR below market value and is priced to move fast. Pay pal preferred and shipping we negotiable.

Here's a few pictures from the previous owner:

Attached Files:

2. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf

Jul 25, 2011
    Here is the bass in action with its original owner. I traded some emails with him. Very cool guy. Additionally, there is a shot of the side and neck joint. Very well made bass...very Fodera. The woods used are sick. I can see why these basses new are in the $3500-5k range. I spoke to Ray (of Rbass) and he said this bass was $4k new due to the woods that were used and this was several years ago. Today it would be $5000 plus to replicate. I got it on trade with a little cash added in so it doesn't hurt me (much) to sell it for this crazy low amount.

Attached Files:

3. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Interested. Is this a standard model where I can hear sound clips? Scale and string spacing? Can you please send me PM with best way to contact you. Thanks.

4. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf

Jul 25, 2011
    I measured (and I am not the best) and got between 18.5 to 19mm. It is a little wider than my Roscoes but not by much.

5. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf

Jul 25, 2011
    Sorry...didn't address the model. I asked Ray about the model of this bass and he stated it was custom from the ground up. he does have differing models available but this bass was ordered to a customers options from beginning to end. The customer wanted the bolt on and the pick- ups specifcally. I am not enough of an Rbass expert to speculate more beyond what he said.

6. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf

Jul 25, 2011
    All PMs returned. Wow..thank you guys for the interest. This is fun!

7. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Come to Canada baby!!

8. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Great seller!

9. What is the weight on this baby??

10. Bassandgolf

Bassandgolf

Jul 25, 2011
    Going to our neighbor to the north.

Thanks for the interest everybody. I have never received that many PM's before. I beleive I got back to everybody and apologize if I missed someone.