TRADED RBass Roger 70's Jazz 5 ash/maple so clean

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FilCo, Jul 6, 2017.

1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey everyone. Trying to raise some money to sink in to a really expensive bass that came up on eBay. To that end, up for sale is my RBass Jazz 5. This one features a very traditional 70's build. Ash body, maple neck, beautiful birdseye maple board, ash laminate on the headstock, 70's pickup spacing and Nordstrand 70's wound single coil pickups. Comes with a Glockenklang preamp, which isn't 70's really, but it is like a 70's muscle car supercharger. 35 inch scale, 19mm spacing. *The scale length is 35 inches. Yes that is correct, 35 inches. It is a 35 inch scale bass. The measurement from the nut to bridge saddles is 35 inches. From the nut to the 12th fret is 17.5 inches, which, when doubled, equals 35 inches, which is, in fact, the scale length of this instrument. It has been confirmed using several tools, methods, and technicians. The only possibility for an inaccurate measurement would be if I lived in some type of localized gravity bubble that traveled with the bass itself, and stretched the space/time continuum around it. You don't have to worry about that being the case however, because if it is, the bass would still exhibit the qualities of a 35 inch scale instrument. Which it is.*

At first glance, this bass seems plain. But the more you look, the more appealing it becomes. The ash body is very well choosen, the board looks great, the headstock is cool, and the contrast with the black hardware is pretty nice. This one has really grown on me. It feels great as well. The contours are super smooth, as is the finish. Ray really knows what he is doing.

I would call this bass mint. I can't find any flaws on it.

$2400 obo, shipped. I always consider trade offers if you want to make one. I can go plus/minus cash, depending. Please PM me if you have something in mind. Thanks! P7060893.JPG P7060894.JPG P7060895.JPG P7060896.JPG P7060897.JPG P7060898.JPG P7060900.JPG P7060902.JPG P7060903.JPG

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Ricky Caboverde, raal and cubanbass like this.
  2. giovabass

giovabass

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Pmd

3. flacoclef

flacoclef

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    Weight

4. raal

raal Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Minneapolis / St Paul
    smoking deal on a top level boutique instrument here ... don't sleep on this

5. TLJordan19

TLJordan19

Mar 12, 2011
    9 or 18 volt?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    And the weight please.

7. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    It's 9 volt.

8. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Long Beach, California
    Roger Guitars
    What is the weight?

9. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Long Beach, California
    Roger Guitars
    Would you be so kind to give us the weight…

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021