1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RBI sans amp vs. Ampeg svp-cl

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by disfiguredmetal, Apr 1, 2009.

1. disfiguredmetal

disfiguredmetal

Sep 23, 2006
    allright bass guru's here's a topic for you. which do you prefer and why the Tech 21 San amp RBI or the Ampeg SVP-CL? i currently own the sans amp but i wanted some backround on the svp-cl. i use an svt-3 pro as a power ap for the RBI b/c i like the grid it puts on my tone, but i have considered the svp-cl. i wasn't sure if it really differs from the internal preamp in my 3 pro though. any opinions and suggestions are welcome.

2. chandman1004

chandman1004 Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2008
    No one ever answered this..I actually was wondering how the VT bass compared to the Ampeg tube preamps. The price seems to have come down on a few and put one or the other in my range..

3. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    SVPCL is (IMO) amazing. Very warm, very sweet, not much OD (Unless you have a very hot output bass) and it is the sound I've been looking for for quite some time.