Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RBX6JM or RBXJM2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by themajorrager, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Hi All, i have seen an older Yamaha JM sig - RBX6JM, advertised on the net over here in Aus.

i know that some of you arent too keen on the newer JM sig -RBXJM2, so just wondering if the older model is any more to your liking?

just looking at the features of the RBX6JM it looks like it would sound similar to a TRB6II (except for the maple top!)? is this true? just want to know cause i have a TRB4II and want to get an idea of how it would sound.
    any advice would be greatly appreciated! :hyper:

2. The pickups and electronics used in the JM are quite different to the TRB electronics - I am not sure of details, but when I tried the JM, it certainly didn't respond the way my TRB-6 (Mk 1) does.

The string spacing is much narrower as well, which some players like.

3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    The JM2 IMO isn't as nice as the JM. I'm judging based on his tones and asthetics.

4. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    The JM2 has a 34" scale as opposed to the JM's 35" scale and one humbucker as opposed to the JM's dual soapbars, if I'm not mistaken.