Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rbx775 vs 375

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by greendictionary, Aug 10, 2004.

1. greendictionary

greendictionary

Aug 10, 2004
    undefined I'm getting a new bass :) , either a yamaha rbx775 or a rbx375. which one do you recommend? they discontinued the 775, but i could get it off ebay. and the other one is new so i can just buy it from a dealer. i know what the differences are and all i just want some imput! 775-no inlays on the neck, different pickups, and its older. 375-newer, diff pickups, inlays on fretboard, etc. just tell me what you think, thanks so much :help:

2. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    The 375 is a 34" scale, the 775 a 35". The color selection leaves a lot to be desired.

3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Off the top of my head, the 775's have an additional "carving" on the body along the "bottom" (when strapped on) which I'm sure were removed from the 375's to reduce CNC time and cost. IMO, the 375's look cheaper due to this. 775's have a monorail-type bridge vs. the more standard on the 375's, 35" vs. 34" scale length. The electronics are different - I haven't had a chance to play a 375 so I can't comment on that other to say it looks to be more normal than the 775's odd "pickup selector/tone/mid-boost" configuration. The color selection did (and still does) have much to be desired, but the flat silver is pretty sweet, and the flat blue looks much better in person than photographed. The black is nice if you're into that (I already have a black bass for \m/etal ;)) but is a little "too" black with the black hardware.

It's a shame you missed the big discounted sales on the 775's a few month's back - I got one, and was so impressed I bought a second (and for a price so low I still have trouble believing it). I'd vote for a 775 on eBay - if it's new-in-box you still might be able to even get the factory warrantee with it.

4. greendictionary

greendictionary

Aug 10, 2004
    thanks so much :) i got a blue 775 yesterday off ebay! cant wait for it to come thanks again