Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RC gas powerd cars?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jul 13, 2005.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey guys have lived near some dunes for a long time and have always seen guys out there racing these gas powerd off road cars. So i thought i would like to do this my self. But i hate to spend so much cash on somthing that i know nothing about. So if any of you guys r into this please give me some ideas. Keep in mind that i am not real picky. I will not race off the bat with this thing in fear of looking like a readl dork wad! So i will just learn slow and up grade before i do. So think cheaper models or used if any of you know of any!
    ohh this isnt like sand dunes more like small gravel dunes!
    Thanks guys.

2. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well I wouldn't advise buying a gas car that looks like a real car, becuase those suckers go fast, like 60 mph, and you hit one of those into a curb...say goodnight....the final goodnight. I would suggest getting an off roading car that has big tires, so if you hit it into a curb, it'll go over it or bounce back, not shatter. They have monster trucks that are like 500 dollars, witch are over kill. But my friend has a cool one, its got big wheels but it still is small and looks like a car, I think it was 300 dollars. They run on liquid nitro fuel. Thats about all I know about them.

3. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    I have an HPI Savage, pretty fun nitro truck. I occasionally race 1/10th scale electric though... and that one is my toy. Good toy though!

4. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    In the monster truck world the savage is a great truck. You can get a ready to run kit that would work well. The Associated Monster GT is another really good truck. I would stay away from the Traxxis, all the ones I have seen have broken easily. They are a lot of fun to run but are somewhat finicky as you are learning the ins and outs. Tuning them is tough until you get the hang of it, you seem to chase the tuning for a bit. If you do get into it get a good temperature gauge so tuning will be easier. They all come with really good manuals now so it makes it a lot easier.

Have fun with it.

5. I've flown RC both planks and helis . . . RC people are usually pretty darn friendly. Just go out to where they are and them what they are running, and about other places that they run the trucks . . .

Regards,
    Mark F. Sanderson

6. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I've been into that stuff for a few years. Right now I drive a Revo, which I recommend highly. Check out Traxxas.com for very easy to operate R/C cars and trucks. I would also second the recommendation to go for a monster truck or buggy of sorts; street cars are really cool if you're into racing but you'll be dissatisfied with the performance: they have no offroad capabilities whatsoever.