Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RCF speakers???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, May 8, 2004.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I saw a local ad for two RCF L12P540 equipped PA boxes that looked well made. (Baltic birch ply etc). Are these speakers any good for basses? I only play 4-strings. Any info bout these speakers are most welcomed as I have heard nothing about them. BTW the price is really good.

2. RCF speakers are the ones used in high-end PA cabinets by EAW. They're REALLY good, especially the ones made in Italy.

3. Most experts will agree that RCF makes great, if not some of the best, drivers. But box design, cross over slopes and about a dozen other factors will answer if they sound good as a bass rig.

If the price is right by them .try them, and sell them if they don't work

4. I have built quite a few pro cabinets. The last big ones using RCF speakers. They're absolutely top notch, even if judged by looks alone. Their power handling is astonashing. With a peak power of 400% of their continuous power value, they accept overloading effortlessly. The Pro series take 1000%. The only brand I can think of that makes better drivers is Beyma.

5. IMO, the Beyma drivers are the JBL of Europe.

The engineering is absolutely top grade. Unlike JBL, Beyma makes a number of drivers that are ideally suited for electric bass.

I have (nearly?) all of them worked out in my spread sheet. I also have RCF.