Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Re-amping EUB

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by depalm, Jul 16, 2005.

1. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Hi, I'll produce a live record and DVD project next month where I play bass guitar and upright, both running trough ADL tube DIs. I'd like to add some air and ambience to the upright on mix by re-amping it. My question if there's someone that did it before and what kind of speaker and/or amplifier (Combo etc.) is better to do that kind of thing.
    Thanks in advance and apologies for my bad english

2. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
  3. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I have, and I just ran it through my rig most of the time: early nineties ampeg SVT CL [there are a few differences between this and the current SVT CL] and a musicman audiophile 2 X 12" 1X 6" cab. Other times I have run it through a mesa [tube] power amp into a bagend 12" full range cab.

No matter what you run it through though I would recommend that you get a RE-amp unit.

4. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Forgive my ignorance, but what does that mean?
    What is a RE-amp unit?

5. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Hi Francis, thanks for reply and I did put some other information on my profile. I guess Aaron meant something like the Millennia TD-1 Recording Channel.I'm already aware of that and I guess that the studio where the project is going to be mixed have several units.

6. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Those are cool and will most likely do the trick, but what I meant was a Reamp http://www.reamp.com/ sorry about the hyphen.

7. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    There are cheaper ones out there. They are generically called a "line level shifter".

8. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    Rio
    Hummm... nice tip Aaron! I didn't know about Reamp. Thanks!
    I'll get one of these boxes and hook it up with an Euphonic combo amplifier to get an acoustic like tone.