Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Re-Attaching Rubber Feet to Amp Housing???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Feb 6, 2006.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i just pulled off the rubber feet to my WT800B, trying to get it to fit better into my SKB 2 racker. but i now find that i think i like having it au natural. any ideas on how i should re-attach the feet?

dont wanna use super glue, cause i might change my mind and put it into the SKB again. rubber cement?

2. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Are they just stuck on or do the screw on?

Radio Shack sells stick on rubber feet if you can't get the originals to stick on.

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Try some double-sided sticky tape. Google the 3M or Scotch ones used for sailmaking; they're amazingly bomber, but will still be removable with effort.

4. Rubber or Contact cement. You'll also be able to remove them if necessary.

5. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

Dude, just fly into Radio Shack as mentioned and pick up some feet and your done.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i have the feet, just a matter of "re-attaching" them. but thx, was hoping the rubber cement would work, since i can get it from work... after hours... when no one's looking... and the janitor's taking his lunch break... and the supply closet has been left open w/ a rolled up newspaper... :ninja: :eyebrow: :D

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude...you have thousands of dollars in bass gear, and you're scrounging for $3 worth of rubber cement? I guess this is one of the reasons why you have thousands of dollars worth of bass gear. :D

-Mike

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    shhhh...

you know where i can get some printer paper?! :ninja: