Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Re-defining bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fake Trees, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Fake Trees

Fake Trees

Feb 9, 2003
    Yesterday me and my friend (who plays guitar) were fooling around, jamming and such when (while playing Higher Ground by RHCP) we decided to try something totally new (that i know of). I took his bass-drum (he's kind of the stand-in drummer for our band but when were just jamming he plays guitar) and played out a beat with slaps and pops on the bass and the kick drum. I admit it took a while to get with it but the product was a two-man act that wasnt half bad. You have no idea what can be done with this combination and it sounds really cool . We are already organizing a side project :D. Seriously its really fun and actually might serve a perpose so, try it! It might help some of you guys out there who need a drummer too ;)

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah...I've often done similiar things when we don't have a drummer...depending on the song, I'll either hold twos and fours or 1234 or whatever.Its fun.

3. I hear the next rage is to write songs by scratching your scrotum against the strings.

w00t!!!!!!

:D :D

4. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Chris, that's just wrong in so many ways. :shudders in pain: :bawl: :eek: :bawl:

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't know...if you used flatwounds it might be kind of...hmmm:meh: