1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Re-did my old Squier Affinity

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StoneTempleCore, Jun 24, 2014.

1. My first bass...after two years of being knocked around quite a bit, it was time for a makeover. I ordered a surf green Pawlona JB body from GFS - Blemished for $37 along with a tortoise shell PG. Transferred all the stuff from the body of the old bass to the GFS, and sanded down the neck and re-finished it.

Overall, I'd say it's worth it. The bass is both a pleasure to play and look at, and, interestingly enough, the pawlona body is heavier than the old Squier one!

However, I'm a huge doofus, so I ended up messing up on the bridge placement and the PU cover screwholes. I had a new hi-mass bridge, but forgot all about it and went for an old, rusted Squier bridge :rollno:. I found the new bridge just today, and I'll slap it on tomorrow.

It's not without its problems though. The neck wouldn't fit, so I sanded the pocket down and then fit it in, only to find the neck is practically sunken in. Also, because of my doofus move earlier, the strings aren't perfectly aligned with the poles and produces some wicked phasing on the upper frets. Hopefully, this'll be fixed with the new bridge.

0624141642a.

God's Favorite Bass likes this.
  2. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    All good.

3. "In order to create, you must first destroy..." I like it, it's vintage-y hip. Nice start!;)