Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RE: Green Day's "Longview"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Hategear, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I am trying to figure out Green Day's song "Longview." I think I have the jist of it figured out by memory, but I don't have a recording of the song, so I don't know for sure if I am correct or not. Napster has taken a dumper on me (actually, Napster has taken a dumper on all of it's users) and I was wondering if anyone on TalkBass had this song, in an MP3 format that they could send to me. If so, please send it to Hategear@aol.com.

2. It might be kinda hard, cuz Yahoo only allows me to send 1 meg, I'm guessing that song would be around 2 or 3 megs.

3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    As long as you're not on a Mac (like I am, temporarily), the solution to your problem is simple. Get another file-sharer. I suggest iMesh or Audio Galaxy, either way, they're preaty easy to use. I personally use iMesh, it's the best Scour clone out there IMO.

4. I use BearShare, which is a Gnutella client. It works ok, not as good as napster used to be though.

5. The best one IMO is winmx which you can get at... you guessed it, www.winmx.com!

6. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Thanks guys! I tried iMesh but the server was down, or some damn thing. I agree with jrthebassguy, none of these seem to be as good as Napster was back in the day. I doubt Napster will be that great when it relaunches it's pay service either. :(

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I use MyNapster (from MyNapster.com) it's a free peer to peer sharing serivce...and I think its every bit as good as Napster back in the day...that's just me though...

8. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I downloaded WinMX last night and I love it! :D So far, it is the closest thing to Nappy that I have found! Best of all, it works with the player that I already had installed on my 'puter! Thanks for the response guys! Oh, by the way, I was this close to that song, just by playing from the melody in my head.

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    HateGear, don't forget, you can also find it at Tower Records, Warehouse, Camelot Music, www.cdnow.com, www.amazon.com, and some other retailers. It shouldn't be too tough to come by.

Or, go to your local high school, somebody there probably has a copy.

10. I would also recommend audiogalaxy, you can pause downloads. It has helped discover the joys of Iron Maiden basslines.