1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Re-Mapping MIDI Program Change messages via Eventide Pitchfactor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GilGB, Mar 1, 2016.

1. GilGB

GilGB

Aug 14, 2007
    Hey guys,has anyone ever tried to do re-map a PC midi message with another pedal or something similar?
    I got a small problem with my Decibel Eleven Pedal Palette.
    I am able to do midi changes with a specific numeric way so bank 1,program 1 and the one after it send a specific number which cant be changed in any way,so is there any way to tell a pedal that's getting a specific number,to pass thru to the pedal after it an other number,which isn't the original one?
    Lets say i gave an Eventide pitchfactor the number 1-1,is it possible to tell the pedal after it the number 4-1 for example?

Any kind of help would be awesome,Cheers.

2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Not totally sure what you're saying, but why not just put the second device on a different channel? Can the PP put out two different PC messages on different channels?

3. GilGB

GilGB

Aug 14, 2007
    Nope,it sends the same PC Message to all devices...
    But nevermind,it seems that the TWO NOTES Le Bass has the ability to "learn" what the PC message means.

4. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I have the same issue - I have a Pitchfactor (takes many midi program change #s plus an out/thru) and an SA BEF Pro (which takes 7 program change options and has no midi out). I'd really like to be able to use my midi floor controller to have full control over both - eg have program changes 1-30 available on the PF and have those control program changes 1-7 on the BEF Pro via some sort of translation in the PF.