1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

re-MASTERed OF PUPPETS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by beyondhairy, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Eight of rock's hottest bands have contributed to a special re-recording of Metallica's "Master Of Puppets" in celebration of the twentieth anniversary of the classic album's release and the 25th anniversary of the magazine Kerrang! The CD will be given away free with Kerrang! issue 1102, which goes on sale April 5. Magazines with the special CD will be available in the usual spots outside of the U.K. — at your favorite record store or book store if they normally import Kerrang!

"Remastered" features exclusive recordings by Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium, Fightstar, Machine Head, Funeral For A Friend, Chimaira, Mastodon and Mendeed, with the sleeve notes for the album written by none other than Lars Ulrich. "It's awesome to think that some of you guys weren't even born when we recorded 'Master Of Puppets'!" laughed Lars. "When we started thinking about Kerrang! honoring 'Master of Puppets' with this tribute album, and saw the artwork and the line-up of bands we realized it was a big deal. We're honored that it's a record that's perceived as a milestone and a record that's been so inspiring to so many people, both fans and young bands like Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine. We're as excited to hear this as you guys are!"

"Remastered" track listing, according to 93x.com:

Machine Head - "Battery"
    Trivium - "Master Of Puppets"
    Mendeed - "The Thing That Should Not Be"
    Bullet For My Valentine - "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"
    Chimaira - "Disposable Heroes"
    Fightstar - "Leper Messiah"
    Mastodon - "Orion"
    Funeral For A Friend - "Damage, Inc."

2. I think it'll be a pile of wank, except for Mastodon's Orion.

3. I agree, Orion will be awesome.
    The rest...sounds like it'll be a load of crap to me. We'll see when it comes out.
    Funeral for a Friend? On a remake of a metal classic? :spit:
    -Alex

4. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    That's the exact same thing I thought when I read the track list. Although I bet the Machine Head cover will be pretty good too.

5. the only two band iv head of before are machine head and mastodon and i know they are metal bands so im sure it will be pretty good,

funeral for a friend sounds like an emo band name so im sure it will suck.. i never heard of the others so im inpartial, it would be an interesting listen thoug

6. steve21

steve21 Banned

Machinehead is the only band I like on there.

Why are they doing this? If you want to give respect to master of puppets, don't have FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND cover it.

DT > all other people influenced by metallica

7. Most of the others are metalcore bands, make of that what you will.

8. Fightstar? haha:D

(led by Charlie Simpson ex-Busted, the guitar boyband)

9. A.K.A "The One With The Eyebrows", no? Or was that one of the other ones?

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, Mr.Eyebrow himself.

The Chimaria track will probably be good, as Chimaria are awesome.

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

20 years flew , Master of Puppets rocks :bassist:

12. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    I will CRY MY FACE OFF if matt heafy screams on master of puppets

13. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Judging them by their name, what a good way of deciding on whether or not you like a band. :rollno:

This should be interesting. I haven't heard of most of those bands except mastadon and machine head, so I'm intrigued.

14. Can't judge a band by it's name, but it IS an "emo" name I guess, and they are an emo band... I have to say that I used to enjoy their old stuff. 10:45 Amsterdam Conversation or whatever it was and all that wasn't bad. Now they've kinda been sucked in by the whole emo phase and the new songs I've heard from them are mediocre at best.
    Anyone know when this thing's coming to the U.S.? Is it at all?
    I guess I'd buy it...
    -Alex

15. In this case it's true. There are times you can judge a book by its cover:)

You'll have to get a copy of Kerrap! to get the CD though; I'm sure major bookshops etc. will be able to get you a copy. Pity the magazine is mince though.

16. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Dear TB: I'll pickup a copy of this for you and well... i guess if you want me to POST A LEGAL COPY TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS then I could, or you could pm me and we could, uhm, talk. Yeah.

17. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    I've never heard of any of those bands.

18. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    What?

19. I think that was a proposition.

20. dumbassist

dumbassist

Sep 5, 2005
    y kerrap! ? u hate the mag? y? btw, i HAVE to get a copy of the cd...CANT WAIT!!!