Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RE: Moved Threads - Please Read!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stingray5, Oct 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've done a little house cleaning and moved a number of threads. Particularly to Setup and Technique.

If you're looking for your thread and it's not here in Basses, simply do a search of all posts under your own username. This will locate your thread.

Everyone, please try to keep in mind the Setup forum before posting about upgrading, modifying or building a bass.

Thanks! :)

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    And "please"...keep "tabs" out of the Basses forum...:D

3. Bump!

4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    We've moved a few threads....so I will "bump" this back up..:)

5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    ;)

6. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Your moderators at work....;)

7. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    again...:)

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

As this seems to be about the work the moderators do, can I just say that I think there was no point in closing the "What's wrong with Ibanez" thread as this is a Topic that comes up with great frequency. This is because a lot of the "newbies" seem to be interested in cheap basses and this mostly means Ibanez. While this thread remained about, they could read all the opinions and the "experienced" members of the forum didsn't have to trot out the same things again - like how a Fender is easier to upgrade than an Ibanez - now we will have to do it all again! :mad:

PS
    How long is it going to be now before we get another thread like "Ibanez basses - any good?" :rolleyes:

Anyone taking bets ;)

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Not sure why it was closed either. MegaAngus didn't have a chance to send me his information. Now I'll have to keep the Lakland. Damn.

10. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    The thread had gotten WAY away from the discussion. If anyway wants to open another one...fine.
    In the meantime....I will offer my resignation to Paul as moderator. It seesm apparent that the job is beyond my capabilities.

11. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Due to popular demand...I have reopened the thread....

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Sorry Deynn - I didn't mean this to be a criticism of you, I think you were goaded into action anyway! ;)

Don't take any notice of my "abrasive" style - I'm sure that Paul couldn't find a better moderator and doesn't want to anyway - it's just the way I talk.

I was just reflecting on the fact that another similar thing will come along soon anyway - a sort of a personal sigh, wishing that it was otherwise, but bowing to the inevitable! :D

But now Brad has got to pass on the Lakland! So everybody's happy!

13. Don't do it Deynn!! We need you. I need you!

14. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Thanks Bruce...

In retrospect...I probably should NOT have closed the thread and I do prefer to takes a hannds off approach. If I had waited until this morning...I wouold not have done it. I even hate moving threads, because I know the person who posted it, is most likely knew and will wonder where it went...:)
    However...this has served to remind me...that it is quite possible that I am spending too much time on TB...when I could be doing something like..."practice".:)
    I DO welcome your comments, as well as those of every member of TB. My only goals here are to promote the joys of bass playing and make TB an informative...and enjoyable site. I have enjoyed my time here...and hope that I HAVE added to making this the BEST musician related site on the internet.

15. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Deynn. Every little helps.

Will C.:cool:

16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Uh-uh! I'm glad Deynn gave me an out...I like my Lakland. The cat was pretty mouthy anyway.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't a criticism of you, Deynn. Topics take detours but the overall thread was about Ibacaneezers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.