Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

re: non SM in classifieds

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Bob Clayton, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    I don't know exactly what happens when a non-SM tries to post, but i get a lot of PMs asking why. maybe when they try to post, it could redirect them to a page that says why they can't post and then link to the page where you become a supporting member.

just a thought.

opinions?

2. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I think this is a great idea. It would eliminate the monthly thread asking "Why can't I post in the classifieds?"

3. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    As a Non SM, I have posted replies to initial posts without a problem. Like asking for pics, or asking questions about the condition, history of an item or if it is still available. But I can't post an item for sale.

Is that what you're asking?

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I've added a line to the standard 'insufficient privileges' forum error message regarding classifieds. Hope this catches a few of 'em anyway.

All users may post replies to any thread in any classifieds forum. Only SM's can create new theads, as mentioned in the forum's sticky 'readme' thread, and now in the standard error message.

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    thanks Paul. it should help.