Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Re-Racking my Iamp 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kael, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I am not to fond of the Gator 4 space rack that I currently house my iamp 800 in. Thing is just too bulky with wasted space above and behind. Realized that this amp is not as deep as I am accustomed to, so I am now looking at the shallower 3 space (per cooling instructions in manual) cases. Is there anything other than the SKB-Xrack3 that I should be aware of?

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    How deep is your Gator rack? I have the shallower 4-space Gator rack housing my iAMP 800 and X Wire, and I really like the size and fit.

Oh, and if you do look to sell your current 4-space Gator rack, if it's the same as mine, I'd be looking for another... :ninja:

Later, Tom.

3. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Grundorf Mighty Lite. Supposedly very strong rack cases, and they are really lite too. www.grundorf.com God Bless! -Brad

4. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Who sells them?

5. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
  6. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Looking at the pictures online, it worries me that the clips are on the rack proper, not the cover. I would worry about them vibrating. This is for the mighty light series.

On a happier note: They spelled LIGHT correctly :hyper:

7. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Duh! I suppose I could have just done that, too! On their site, I was surprised that there was no dealer list, and when you click on "Dealers" it asks for your dealer login name and password, so that area must not be for us plebes.

Tom.

8. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    I used a SKB 3U shallow X-rack. It was light and small as well as inexpensive (around $50.00). It is a great alternative for the iamp

Mike

9. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    oooh, you have a X-wire .... :p

Dimin

10. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Yup, and it looks real purdy in that Gator with my iAMP 800! [Even when it's not sitting on top of some fine EA speakers! ;)]

[​IMG]