Re-Spray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Billy4001, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Billy4001

Billy4001

Mar 10, 2011
    I decided to Re-Spray my pickguard/scratch plate on my squier affinity p-bass after all the trouble I had trying to find a custom one.
    Tip: PIckguardian are awesome and very helpful, i just couldn't afford it.
    So I sanded it down so it was rough and put the 1st layer of red spray on, seconds later LITERALLY SECONDS, my mum walks in and says "I dropped a box on your guitar thing" :/

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    LOL

3. This is one reason why I wait until everyone is asleep before I attempt any projects involving glue or paint.

4. That's balls.

5. Billy4001

Billy4001

Mar 10, 2011
    lol, It really pissed me off, but it looks like with a few more sprays and sanding it should be okay! PHEW! I've also appolagised for flipping out :p

6. AmadeusXeno

AmadeusXeno

Mar 8, 2011
    Maine
    Just re spray and you'll be fine, or sand it down first then spray. Don't forget to tell you mom she sucks! Just kidding lol :)

7. Billy4001

Billy4001

Mar 10, 2011
    HAHA, after i said it was still okay and that I've now fixed it with a repsray she said that if she'd broke it she'd buy me a pickguardian one! i might have to go and **** it up :p

8. Billy4001

Billy4001

Mar 10, 2011
    Do I sand down again before the clear coat?

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021