Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RE: Tablature requests (please read and obey)...

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Hategear, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    It's all been said before (or maybe it hasn't), but I thought I'd say it again anyway, because I like to hear myself type and because some "problems" with this forum have been conveyed to us (Paul, SuperDuck, AllodoX and myself):

1) Before starting a thread asking for a specific tab, please be sure you check TalkBass' tab section thoroughly (this is a mirror of the Bass Tab Archive). You may also want to check for different versions of the song you are looking for (example: You want Dramarama's "Anything, Anything," but you just can't find it. You may have some luck looking for Buckcherry's cover of that same song and then changing the tab, if necessary). Also, it may be important to note that some songs that have "the" in the title, are sometimes placed in the "T" section (Marilyn Manson's "The Fight Song" is under "T," not "F"). Sometimes band names that start with "the" are listed in the "T" section as well. Don't ask me why, I just work here.

2) If you have looked and looked and decide the best thing to do is start a thread asking for tab, please make sure you provide a working e-mail address and check back here often, for either a reply to your thread or a PM to your inbox.

3) Please, title your thread with the name of the song and/or the artist or band's name, so people don't have to actually read the thread to find out what you're after (a thread titled "Dramarama's 'Anything, Anything,'" will probably get more responses than "I need tab" or "Help me!").

4) If someone replies with something that upsets you, do not respond to it yourself. Instead, report the offending thread to one of the tab mods and let us deal with it. Do not get into a heated public argument with one of our "veteran members!" If someone responds to your request, consider giving said responder some sort of "shout out" (a private "thank you" should suffice, as some TalkBass regulars are closet-tabbers and may get "weird" if you out them in public). Also, if your thread is responded to, either publicly or privately, consider posting the tab in your thread, so other people can benefit from your new found knowledge.

Finally, here are some other tab sites to look at first, before requesting tab here: www.basstabz.com, www.basstabarchive.com, www.mxtabs.net, www.tabcrawler.com, www.harmony-central.com and you may also try looking at an artist's website, to see if they have tabs posted for their own songs (example: GWAR has tabs for most of their songs posted on their website, broken down according to album).

Remember folks, if you can't say something nice, it's better to not say anything at all! :)

2. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Until I can get this thread stuck, bump...

3. d'voilla :)

4. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I don't know what the problem is, but Paul told me that quite a few of TBers have been getting the dreaded invalid session prompt. Maybe I've been ousted from my moderator position and no one has the heart to tell me?

;)

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yeaaahh... about that.

;)