Re_Cap on Sunn Concert bass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RickenTalker, Oct 10, 2011.

1. RickenTalker

RickenTalker

Nov 4, 2010
    So i picked up a Sunn concert bass a while back for pretty cheap. It's an awesome amp and sounds very very good for a solid state. Better then any of those GK and SS ampeg amps on the market. Anyhow, the amp is in desperate need of a recap. I recapped my Acoustic 450 a while back which made the amp sound wayy better. The problem with this Sunn is that all the power capacitors are surrounded by this goo like putty stuff so they wont move. Has anyone here had any experience with re-capping their sunn amps and know a way to get around this sticky problem?

2. ryognbass

ryognbass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2008
    North NJ/Worcester MA
    I was wondering the same. On a slightly similar note (not to hijack a thread...) but oes anybody know where to get the proper pots for a concert bass? the 500k volume on mine went bad recently, and I'm trying to find a NOS or direct replacement instead of rigging something up... Thanks! :D

3. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    I don't know a whole lot about transistor Sunns, but there are people here who do.
    It's not a real high traffic site, but someone will eventually get you a good answer.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021