reaaaly off topic

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by spots, May 23, 2004.

1. spots

Feb 7, 2004
    boston, MA
    Do any of you guys/girls use money clips? How do u get cash into them easily?
    I just got one and I can't find a way to put money in it without having to take a minute to take the wad out and then put it back in
    :eyebrow: I know Im weird.
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My trick for avoiding such problems is to use a wallet.

I have a chain on mine, not to look cool, but because I use to lose my wallet all the damn time.
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I have a chain too. Because my girlfriend got me a wallet with a chain. and I dont argue.
  4. *whit-tsh*

:rolleyes: :p
  5. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Same here. It's the only way I can remember to keep my wallet on my person at any given point in time.
  6. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    What money? I don't have any money....
  7. spots

Feb 7, 2004
    boston, MA
    i realized that i only need to carry around 3 cards and cash so got the clip thing cuz i hate sitting on that wallet
  8. girlybassplaya

girlybassplaya Guest

Mar 24, 2004

get a purse. . . ;)
  9. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    If your money clip has a magnet, don't put credit cards in there. It can demagnetize the cards.
  10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Not a bad idea:

Mine works great, too bad its starting to fall apart from heavy use.
  11. My problem comes when I wear work out shorts.... the kind that are the hole-ish jersey material.... NO POCKETS! So I end up either holding my wallet and keys or hanging them over the waistband... I've been considering the Moneyclip lately, but the fact is that a money clip would cost more than I'd plan to carry anyway :p
  12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    What's a moneyclip, BTW?

Anyway, since I bought my preamp(s), I dont have much money to carry around :rolleyes: ;) :( :bawl:
  13. I put my wallet in my front pocket. I live in the tri-state area so if someone wants to pick-pocket me they will have to try a lot harder :)
  14. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I have the same problem.
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    you could always put your wallet in your socks.
  16. i have the magnet money clip. so you can flip the clip part away. easy.
  17. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Champs sports (don't know if they have them out there or not) make a pair with pockets. Nike, if you'd wear them, does to. I have a couple of the Chanmps type, work great for a locker key or a money clip and two or three cards.
  18. I had a wallet chain. I wish I could find it though. It prevented losing it, and it looked kewl. :bassist:

*looking for it now*
  19. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    That's half the reason to use a money clip - so that you're flashing your wad every time you use cash. Also, make sure to carry lots of 1's to make the wad fat and always put you biggest bill on the outside of the stack (min $50 - $100's are better) that you have a big wad of 1's wrapped in a 100 - now, everytime you pull out your cash to pay for something those around you will think you have a fat wad of big bills and they'll think your a high roller.