1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Reaching my tone.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zxcvbs, Oct 11, 2013.

1. zxcvbs

zxcvbs

Mar 8, 2009
    Hi im looking for my tone.

This is my rig:
    Warwick $$ 5 strings.
    Jamman Delay Stereo.
    Amp:
    Peaveay Basic 60 (everyday practice)
    Fender RBX 300C

And a fast track pro, that i plug directly to the bass (it doesnt works right with the amp), i use headphones (senheiser hd202).

Im about to buy a MXR M80 pedal as preamp + distortion (i looked for the tech21 vt through youtube, but i dont dig the tone).
    And im interested in a Compressor, i saw the MXR M87.

But using the fastrack pro with the AmpegSVX, i liked this other effects:
    Compressor
    Envelope filter
    Chorus.
    WahWah
    For the same price of the compressor or just a little i could buy a ZOOM B3 or the B9.1ut.

My idea on the future, is to sell all the amps, buy a little valve combo to use as feedback on gigs/rehearsals and in home use the effects and bass directly to active speaker monitors, or to a better sound card, dont know if it is the fast track or what, but it trims, or turns too cold the bass, and above all Guitar Rig sounds a little distorted, the ampegsvx sounds better but feels cold also.

The zoom b3 will serve me to replace those effects? the b9 have expression pedal and 10 simultaneous effects, acording to manual, which sounds better?
    Does guitar rig sucks all the tone on bass? is there a way to sound more warmer on the pc?

After recording i tend to like the tone, my main issue is playing on the moment, i would like a tone easy to my ears, more warm and chewy.

2. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

Jul 30, 2012
    I'm surprised that you feel Guitar Rig sounds distorted. I'm thinking you need to pull down your input or pull back on the gain on the amp sim. I've been using Guitar Rig as my digital rig for bass and it sounds great. Like anything, you need to tweak the stuff and fool with the parameters to get a good sound.

3. zxcvbs

zxcvbs

Mar 8, 2009
    Will try to post sounds on the week, the vsts sounds great on post production, my main concern is using them live on monitor mode (with guitar rig on hd mode).