1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reaction after "Three of a Perfect Pair - Live in Tokyo"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Petary791, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    1. The best part of the whole DVD is watching Billy Bruford shake his hips side to side while playing his synth drums behind the drumset and while playing the synth drums in the middle of the stage.
    2. Adrian Belew is quite a versatile man- vocals, guitar, drums, synth drums...
    3. Tony Levin is the greatest non-flashy bass player. Bass, Stick, synth bass, vocals. And ***-- slinging the bass on your back, Stick in front, synth to your right, and singing in front of you all at one time.
    4. What is that twisty thing by Adrian's mic?
    5. Robert Fripp is the biggest weeny to ever play guitar, but regardless plays some of the most ridiculous things i've ever seen, including tapping his foot in 4 while playing the outro to "Frame By Frame."
    6. And relating to "Frame By Frame", what the heck is that pose Adrian is doing at the end towards Robert? Is he trying to seduce him or what?
    7. Does/did Adrian Belew do drugs?
    8. What the heck is in each 3 of their pedalboards?
    9. How can I twist my guitar around in front of my amp to make goofy sounds?
    10. How does Adrian get his pick behind the nut so friggin loud?
    11. Slapback delay is necessary for every bassist.

Your thoughts?

2. Are you talking about the thing he uses in Elephant Talk to make the delay have an insanely fast repeat? I think it's an EHX memory man judging from the look of the chassis, the time period, and the sound. As for the feedback, you just need to get some good volume and distortion going, and experiment. Every guitar and amp set up will get different feedback. Also, I have no idea how he gets that behind-the-nut sound so clear. Maybe he has a piezo pickup in the headstock? It is a custom guitar...

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I've often pondered that.

4. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    Nope. It's just a loud guitar. ;)

That's arguably the best rythm section going.