Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Read Custom Model P w/ Gig Bag & HSC - $1150 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fourstringdrums, Sep 20, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    SOLD! Read Custom Model P w/ Gig Bag & HSC

Well, I've decided I need to take a break from bass, and completely get away from it, so I'm selling my Read Custom Model P. It deserves to be with someone who's going to make use out of it more than I have. Anyway, here are the stats.

Bass: Read Custom Model P (Built in 2004)
    Body: Fender MIM 1-piece Alder Body in high gloss polyesther white
    Pickguard: White Pearl
    Neck: Maple w/ hand rubbed oil/urethane finish
    Fretboard: Rosewood with MOP side dots
    Nut: Bone
    Pickups: Aero
    Controls: Volume, Tone & Series Paralell switch
    Hardware: Chrome hipshot cloverleaf tuners and hipshot bridge.

I've only had this bass about 2 months after buying it from Bunny Bass. The bass is in near mint condition. No scratches. One small ding on the top curve of the body that is hard to notice and doesn't go through the paint. The pickups each have a slight ding on the case above the adjustment screw (must have been made with a screw driver, was this way when I got it). The bass is strung with barely used Labella flats (45-105)

It comes with a SKB hardshelled case (the kind that will fit a P or a J) which is in mint condition, and a Guardian tweed padded gig bag, also in mint condition. See more pics and comments on the bass from BB here http://www.bunnybass.com/basses/fender_read_custom_pbass_white/fender_read_custom_pbass_white.shtml

[​IMG]

2. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    All resonable $$ offers will be considered as well.

3. Having a Read Custom bass, I can vouch that Jack Read's basses are amazing. I also have a set of Aero pickups in a Devon Custom bass and the Aero pickups rock big time. Great bass for anyone looking for a truly top of the line, tricked out P.

4. Sad to see you selling your baby. I know you loved this bass. Someone buy this.

5. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Thanks. Well, I loved it yes, but I don't play as much as it deserves, and probably never will. I still have my amp though, so I can buy an Essex or something at any time that will allow me to get into, still have a pretty good bass to play and not kill my wallet.

6. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
  7. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Replies sent :D

8. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Sold to ErikP.Bass who was kind enough to come and pick it up. Thanks man!