Read labels throughly!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by relman, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Alright, so i've had a cold for two days now and just this afternoon I started taking some cough syrup. I was so stuffed up, dizzy and confused that instead of taking the usual dose of 2 teaspoons every 6 hours I took 2 teaspoons every 2 hours.

Fast forward about 3 hours from last ingestion (10:30 pm) And I couldn't get to sleep. I go upstairs to fix myself some tea and notice the bottle of cough syrup. I was still really awake so i decide to read the label. After realizing my mistake on dosage, I decide to read the ingredient list, which includes a form of ephedrine. For those who do not know, it has been classified as a stimulant and/or amphetamine (like speed, meth, etc).

So here I am typing away at 4 am completely awake. Please, do not make the same mistake as I did and READ YOUR LABELS CAREFULLY!!!!
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't like cough syrup
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Coricidin "D" used to have an ingredient that could make one(myself) quite high!

Needless to say, at one time in my life, I didn't mind having a cold. (I think Coricidin "D" is off the market now)

It was my favorite cold medicine. Since I am married and have kids now, I suffer with less fun cures.

Some cold medicines are "shotgun remedies". Meaning they clear up stuffy head, runny noses, and coughs. Some treat only one symptom.

It's all on the label!
  4. Doesn't really make sence that cough syrup would have ephedrine. Where the heck did you get the stuff?

In all honesty when I saw the subject I thought you had drank the shampoo again.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The FDA outlawed phenylpropanolamine ... the only ingredient that did any good. Now pretty much everything (including Nyquil) has pseudoephedrine (Sudafed) in it. Nyquil lets you sleep only because it's 10 percent alcohol.
  6. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    sorry dude...but....bahahahahahahahahaha.......I know it's not funny, but, happens to everybody...hope you feel better.
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    A couple of weeks ago I accidentally took two days worth of pseudoephedrine at once. I didn't sleep too well that night either. I feel for you.

brad cook
  8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    A couple of years ago, a good friend of my brothers, and fellow musician was feeling ill at a gig, and went to the bethroom to try to regain composure. After several minutes went by, someone went in to check on him, and found him collapsed on the floor. They called 911, where he was pronounced dead upon arrival, cause of death was determined to be a brain aneurysm. He had been taking cough medicine heavily for several weeks prior to this happening, and I have heard quite a few people say they believe it was a big factor in what happened. I don't see the humor in any kind of drug abuse, prime mover.
  9. Especially read the labels if it involves lunbrication and supergloo...

Don't want to get stuck to your wood!

:p :rolleyes:
  10. ]

LOL! dude! i hate it when that happens!!

11. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    :( sorry to hear that, and you're right, it isn't funny, no excuse for what is said and for me laughing. It never entered my mind the harm cough medicine can do. And I do know the ingrediants that go into them.

I also apologize to all I had offended.
  12. hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Well, ephedrine, widens your airways. Something i found out when i beat my personal record in swimming! ;)
  13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Is your real name : Shane Warne !!!??? ;)

The Australians will appreciate this!!