Read Purity BAss Preamp !!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kringle77, Dec 4, 2004.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Hey guys, I just ordered a new Purity preamp. I had the black metal knobs and JJ Tesla tubes installed. I can't wait to get it. If anyone has anymore opinions or advise on this preamp, let me hear it. I still have an SWR Workingmans 4x10 for sale by the way. The wait time is supposed to be 5 weeks or sooner. We'll see. I am in GAS hell!
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    If my Aguilar 680 didn't get busted up in transit and become unsellable (it is still usable thank god!), I was going to get into a Purity at some point... It's the only thing with any potential for GAS for me right now! :cool:
  3. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas

I only heard one briefly and didn't take the opportunity to do any knob fiddling.

If it lives up the all the good stuff that I've heard about it, you'll be in tone heaven.

I'm still hoping to get the opportunity to play with one again, but at the moment, I can live better without the GAS, since I can't afford one yet anyway.

Let us know how you like it.
  4. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses

I'm sure you'll love your new Purity. The best way I can describe it's tone is warm, yet defined.

5. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. I'll Submit a report on it after I put it through the passes and play a few live shows.
  6. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yep... warm and defined, with incredible dynamic range. Love it! :)
  8. I can't imagine anything I would like better than my Purity!!!!:bassist:
  9. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I've got so much GAS for one. Someone sell me one. Please...