1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Read Purity Effects Loop Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FBassed, Nov 17, 2010.

1. While connecting my VF-1 into the effects loop of my Read last night (heresy, I know, but I wanted to try it out), I noticed that the send/return jacks on the back of the Read were TRS jacks.

Does anyone know if these are balanced? I assumed they are unbalanced like typical loops, but TRS phone jacks were definately used. Anyone know why?

Also, would there be a copy of the Read owners manual online anywhere? Maybe that would explain this...

Thanks!

2. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    I do that sometimes for three reasons besides balanced I/O:

1. Sometimes the ring is used as part of a detection/switching circuit.

2. It can give the jack a higher-quality feel.

3. If there is a need for a few TRS and a few TS in one design, make it easier for manufacturing by using one type of jack (they basically cost the same anyway).

3. Got it. Guess what threw me was the TRS on the Send, which usually doesn't interrupt the signal path. You explain this as well (same part, better "feel"). Thanks for the reply.

Now does anyone have a pdf of the manual for the Read???