Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

read this if you want a BLUE power light in your SansAmp RBI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by remo, Apr 17, 2005.

1. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    I want a blue power on lamp in my RBI. I pulled the existing one out today (which is very easy to do).

[​IMG]

here is the PDF of the exact same lamp series SansAmp use (its a series 29 in the RBI by my mesurements).

http://www.solico.com/solico_06.pdf

now according to my understanding the product code for the same lamp with a blue lens is: 29-13-1-1-2-626-5E (I don't totally understand the last colour secton so I picked blue for both, if someone can clear that up for me that would be great).

this is counting on the fact the lamp is LED and not a incandecent . Could someone please double check and confirm this for me that the power on lamp is LED and not a incandecent ???

2. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    i have a sansamp and i don't think it's bright enough to be an led.

3. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    I don't know man... when I look closly at it lit it look like a LED to me??? anyone else? Anyone want to get a hammer and smash theirs open to see for sure lol I'll send you a replacement blue one for free if you do*..

(*joke: please don't attempt this)

4. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    ok people please PM me if you are interested in injecting some glowing blue sexy goodness into your RBI. I will be ordering some exact repacement lamps soon and I want to get some ideas on if I should buy more than one. I will charge only the cost of the lamp and shipping ie. no profit for me.. I will request payment through PayPal.. let me know peeps!

don't forget... gear with blue lights sounds better!

5. Remo

You are totally right when you say that gear with blue lights sound better :D

My bass has blue leds on the side of the neck and when I switch them on the sound is much much better. :D ;)

Everyone should now put blue leds in their sansamps for the best mod ever.

Matthew

6. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    thanks for backing me up man, hopefully people will realise that blue LEDS make gear sound 100% better. they also look ever so sweet... mmmmmmmmm

7. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Over the years I've had gear with red, orange, yellow, green and blue lights. Not only does the gear with blue lights sound better, but it affects how well you play. When my amp had orange or red lights it seemed like I played too fast and threw in a lot of extra notes that didn't add anything to the music. The same thing can happen if you drink too much expresso before going onstage. This might be good if you are in a "speed metal" band or play retro bebop. But with the blue lights, a completely different playing style. More relaxed with fewer notes, cleaner lines and tastier fills. I'll never go back to red or orange. ;)

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

My other preamp is a Read Purity, and it has an externally-replaceable Fender-style jewel. I've been switching between the original pale blue jewel and some Fender replacements: red, yellow, blue, green, and purple. Blue does sound great, but lately I've been enjoying the slightly darker and complex tone of purple.

So, I wish more color choices were available for the RBI.

Count me in for a blue RBI jewel!

9. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    No worries Fuzz, you have made the right decision, consider the deep and rich sound of blue on its way!

(as soon as I source the little buggers).

10. Personally, I like the mids with my orange lights.
    But then again - each to his own, I guess!

11. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    yeah dude, count me in, i want one. :) i guess just PM us when you order them or when they're in.

12. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    will do! yeah I'll just PM everyone when I get them. Looks like there wil only be a few of us.

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    So were they LED'?

14. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Cool!

I'd like a blue light too!

But what will the shipping cost from Australia to Oregon, USA?

:D

Joe.

15. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    well... after reading up on it I'm pretty sure its a LED. Incandecent lamps give of lots of heat, are quite fragile to shock and have a shorter life span.. So I'm going for LEDs (which is the obvoius choise).

prob run about USD $6 I'm also sourcing the molex plug for the lamp so it will be a direct swap for us. No soldering and you will be able to swap back if you want.. ain't I nice!

16. Lowtonejoe

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Right on!

Joe.

17. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm guessing the whole lamp with plug will cost around USD$10 - $15 inc shipping... could be cheaper depending on lamp cost... remember thats no profit for me.. I just want your RBI's to sound better....

18. Lowtonejoe

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Yup, that's what it's all about!

Joe.

19. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2003
    St. Louis
  20. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    bump. be one of the few... with BLUE!!!!!